Protect your Skin from the Summer Sun.
The sun provides us with a number of beneficial effects for our body: antidepressant action, synthesis of vitamin D. But we must avoid harmful effects: skin aging (marks, wrinkles) and skin cancer.
The following ten aims to be of help to enjoy the sun without the harmful effects:
- In addition to sunscreen, wear sunglasses, hats, caps and clothing. Avoid sun exposure in the middle of the day (12-16 hours).
- Sunscreens provide an increased tolerance time in the sun, but do not abolish completely the effects of ultraviolet radiation. You should apply sunscreen 30 minutes before sun exposure. After each bath or every two hours you should reapply the sunscreen. Even if it is “water resistant”. Moles should be protected like the rest of the skin, no less.
- Extreme care during the first outdoor exhibition in order to create a natural protection against ultraviolet radiation. They are not advisable sessions of UVA rays to tan before summer as the “artificial” dark brown protects less than “natural”. If you are self-tanning creams help and Nutricosmetics. The latter contain vitamins C, E, D, antioxidants and carotenoids. They will help protect our skin from the sun and give us a more lasting tan.
- Sunburn (redness, itching and pain) occurs several hours after sun exposure. So avoid thinking that you have not burned because even not feel any discomfort. ( Enjoy a instant cool down with Natural Royal Canadian Mineral Water Spray)
- Cloudy days keep getting ultraviolet radiation from the sun, so we must protect from the sun also in those days.
- Do not forget to protect especially face, chest, neck and hands. Every year we see dermatologists increase the number of consultations by the effects of photoaging in these body areas.
- It is generally not recommended in summer sun exposure in children under one year.
- If your skin has spots (melasma, lentigines) that have appeared over the years, is not the best time to start treatment to eliminate them: Laser, IPL, peelings. In summer, try to protect yourself from the sun to the maximum to get dirty no more. Also avoid laser hair removal. Since there is an increased risk of burns and appearance of new spots (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation). However, there is no contraindication to treatment with botulinum toxin or hyaluronic acid fillers.
- The body loses more water in hot weather. Moisturize your skin both inside and out. Drink water and natural fruit juices the most. Take advantage of these months to enjoy the wide variety of fruits, vegetables and greens that we have in this time. They are rich in antioxidants and help us in preventing aging. Moisturize your skin properly, use moisturizers both the face and the rest of the body. You can improve the results if you apply a serum antioxidant before moisturizer on your face.
- If you have discovered a lesion on your skin that grows or previously had, consult your dermatologist.
Stay tuned for more … Coming Soon.